Omega-3 fatty acids, especially DHA, are essential for healthy brain development and function throughout all stages of life.* DHA concentrates in the brain and throughout the central nervous system. It particularly accumulates in the brain during fetal development and early childhood. Throughout adulthood it is essential to maintain the level of DHA that was established early in life.
Because the body makes very little DHA or EPA naturally, it is essential that these fatty acids be acquired by diet or supplementation. Thorne’s Advanced DHA is a high-DHA/moderate-EPA fish oil supplement. Containing 650 mg DHA and 200 mg EPA per 2-gelcap serving, Advanced DHA is the perfect choice for cognitive support of the aging brain.
Benefits of Thorne’s Advanced DHA:
- Supports brain function throughout life*
- Provides cognitive benefit for the aging brain*
- Benefits retinal eye health*
- Helps maintain healthy nerve structure and function*
- Essential for neurotransmitter function to maintain a positive mood*
- Enhances cell membrane fluidity for circulatory support*
- Supports brain healing after an injury*
- Provides heart and blood vessel support*
- Helps maintain a balanced inflammatory response throughout the body*
Features of Thorne’s Advanced DHA:
- Provides 650 mg of DHA and 200 mg of EPA per serving
- Rosemary, mint, and mixed tocopherols are natural preservatives that help reduce fish burps, making it gentle on the stomach
- Easy-to-take gelcaps are smaller than most other omega-3 supplements
- Provided in the triglyceride form – the way DHA is found naturally in the body
- Tested for more than 250 environmental contaminants, including heavy metals, pesticides, dioxins, and PCBs
DHA by the numbers:
- Approximately 60 percent of a healthy brain is comprised of fat.
- DHA accounts for more than 90 percent of the fatty acids in the brain.
- DHA accounts for more than 90 percent of the fatty acids in the retina.
- Two lobes of the brain – frontal and prefrontal – rely heavily on DHA and are responsible for the ability to learn, problem solve, focus attention, and maintaining a positive mood.*
- Average daily U.S. adult intake of DHA and EPA is only 90 mg; and only 40 mg in children and teenagers.
- Most researchers recommend a minimum of 500 mg DHA + EPA daily.